Thursday, July 10, 2008

Briyani @ Restoran Mahbub, Bangsar

I was given a task to tapau sandwich for Sayang one of those afternoons, but as I drove over to meet her, I thought it was quite easy to find a place where I can buy some sandwich. I remember most Shell Petrol Stations sell them, but I did not come by.

I was quite sure, that cafe in Lucky Garden sells them sandwich, and while I ordered the sandwich to go, I took a 2 min walk and I saw Mahbub. I was curious to see what people were eating, because it did not give me the vibes of "just another mamak". Most people do briyani here, so I also ordered one briyani, bungkus, and ordered Ayam Madu (since I missed out on Zabrullah's ayam madu).

I found that their Ayam Madu was nice, crunchy on the outside and moist on the inside. Very nice, sweetish. The briyani is also served with two side vegetables, and gravy of your choice.

The downside though, was that pack of rice cost me 10 bucks. Abit high for some honey laden chicken rice, if you know what I mean, otherwise I thought the food was quite good.

Also read

juliansi
RasaRasa


Map: Wikimapia
Address: 17, Lorong Ara Kiri Satu,
Lucky Garden,
59100 Kuala Lumpu

5 Comments:

choi yen said...

Oh Gosh!!! That's very expensive!!

Anonymous said...

sepuluh riggit for that. Wow, that place must be super high-class.

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

everything also expensive liao haha..

Bernsy said...

mimi - yup it was expensive, but they give you a hill of rice..

oofooi, not superhigh class. Just another MAMAK that sells briyani, the way they charge for the dishes we pick up for our chap fan @ mamak is the reason why I usually don't eat at mamaks anymore..., ie, when you pick up one piece of chicken its RM1, one chicken wing is RM3, they may be good, but it will be a long time before i go back to mahbub to try their briayani again...

joe - expensive is relative, we should be looking for value here... hahahaha

editor said...

you people how much is the rental there ?