Friday, May 16, 2008

Emperor Garden @ Gold Hill Club, Bdr Manjalara

I think when someone mention Kepong, each one of us will have a different image related to the place. For me, its a place I willl soon be moving to, and thus going to be spending a bit more time at. Its also a good place to hunt for good food, especially if you like street fares, and semi formal restaurants.

Of late though, Kepong has sprung up with two new "above average" chinese restaurants, like Regal House and Emperor Garden. I tried to look for my Regal House review, which I didn't write so the link is to Nic's review.

The first impression I got when I walked up the stairs leading to Emperor Garden, wah blardy grand wo this place. Air conditioning powering away full blast and all, and the usual chatting and high noise level of a chinese restaurant ( very evident in restuarants like Fullwealth, Tai Thong, Oversea, etc).
The first dish that came was tofu and some vege. I know what its called in cantonese, but have no idea what the vege is called in English.

My parents love this dish, the four heavenly kings. I still have no idea why they call this dish that. Does any of these vegetables resemble Aaron Kwow, Leon Lai, Andy Lau or Jacky Cheung ? ...
We ordered a serving of Pork ribs too. Looks like it was deep fried first, before it was put into a marmity type of gravy, which is sweet, aromatic, and salty. Yumm... if I remember correctly, you could see Sayang's face smiling while biting into those ribs....

I thought this dish was quite nice. Some kinda deep fried fish pieces cooked with buttered garlic bits. Lovely, the fish was fresh, and tangy, and the buttered garlic definitely gave it the extra kick this dish needed. I think there is also lots of lard in the garlic too...


Their roast chicken was nice. Skin was crispy but I think some parts like the breast was a bit too dry. I had no problem with the food here.

To summise, everything seems ok, food is alright, service can be improved. Pricing leh, its higher than Regal House and Fullwealth. The environment here is best, with a nicer looking entrance, seats, the whole works.

Emperor Garden Restaurant
Gold Hill Club
No18 Jalan 7A/62A,
Bandar Manjalara,
52200 Kuala Lumpur

Also read :

Waisikmiao

8 Comments:

choi yen said...

Never been there b4 but will be going there soon for my friend's wedding reception ;)

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

kepong to me..is somewhere damn damn far...it not as if the curve is alr super far for me..so imagine kepong..goosebumps come up d hahahaha

HairyBerry said...

woohoo! a review on goldhill. they actually moved from their previous premise at jalan ipoh.

my parents tried already and said it's ok lar. but ya lor, pricier.

wah, u moving to kepong ar? cool! lotsa streetfood here. especially at the regal house/wet market area.

Babe_KL said...

we loved to go to goldhill restaurant when it was back in Jln Ipoh. obviously we came here the moment we found out they shifted to kepong. very dissappointing though. the food was not up to mark on top of the price. hvnt been back there since :p dats y until now i hvnt posted my experience up :D

Bernsy said...

mimi - looks like a lot of weddings are gonna be held there...

joe - kepong is only 10km from Pavillion ma.. unless of course you have to go there from Curve... die lo.. hahahha.. go look Nic up ...then its not that far

Nic - am sure their first patrons were ppl from kepong. I didn't know they used to be damn good,like babekl described them

Babe - go and try and tell us the difference la...

wmw said...

I love the veg dish too. The four heavenly kings of the vegetable land I suppose! hahaha....

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

Anonymous said...

Interesting post... Looks like flash memory is really beginning to become more popular. Hopefully we'll start seeing decreasing solid-state drive prices in the near future. Five dollar 32 gigabyte Micro SD Cards for your Nintendo DS flash card... sounds gooooood.

(Posted using NETPost for R4i Nintendo DS.)