Monday, May 26, 2008

Tea at Ka Fei Tiam, NZX Ara Damansara

The first time I heard about Niu Ze Xui, I really thought someone was telling me that the bull was pulling my water. What bull bring water all ? My cousin was telling its a new place in Ara Damansara where you its great for shopping, jalan - jalan, flea market style shopping mall, and you can find lots of great food.
My friend brought me to this Ka Fei Tiam, always packed, and supposedly serves great food and coffee. So ok la, we sat down, and I ordered this Kopi Ais with Herbal Jelly... which actually was quite refreshing.

The waitress recommended me this Sambal Fried Rice. They put in a generous amount of ingredients, like chicken, dried shrimps and lots of sambal belacan. I found it to be ok la.... but definitely didn't make it to my, whoa so nice list....

I also ordered a Ka fei Tiam Curry with bun. I thought I actually enjoyed this item more than the fried rice. The curry was pretty thick, and had a nice aroma to it. Those buns, are just normal buns, the curry was great.

At the end of the day, I thought this coffee shop is just another kopi tiam with a nice interior. I still am clueless as to why, this place is packed all the time .... after all I find the food, rather just average, service was quite attentive, and the prices are all above average (Oldtown kopitiam type of prices).

Address:
Google niu ze xui (its one of the most blogged about shopping mall)

7 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I was there recently too. Yes, the food is so-so only. Passable standard only.

Did you see the rabbits?

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

haha..most blogged abt but most clueless to me..

yeah not appetising to try..good community service la u

Anonymous said...

jakun me..ive never been there YET :(

wmw said...

The food is okay...I had one drink which tasted weird. Can't remember what it was!

KY said...

not sure about the food, but the place sure looks nice. too bad you didn't take pictures of the exterior. :)

Bernsy said...

Donatello - wat rabbits ? hehehe

Joe - blogged about by almost everyone, google niu ze xui , lots of links will pop up...

kampungboycitygal - go la got lots of stuff to see,a lot of stalls, plus it is open air and air conded at the same time... am I making any sense ? hehehe

wmw - food is ok, but always packed wan wo....

ky - exterior so so only, interior quite nice...

choi yen said...

Never try food kiosk there but the gourmet fair outdoor