Monday, September 08, 2008

Hawker Delicacies @ Champs Bandar Utama

After trying their most talked about ribs, I had aways wanted to come back and check out their pork noodles. So much so, that one day Adrian was in the Centrepoint area, and asked me, dude, whats nice to eat here, immediately I said, try their pork noodles @ Champs. Although I have never even smelt the noodles before, the recommendation was based on reputation.. hahaha... So our friend came back on Monday morning and told how nice the noodles were and all...

So fast foward a few weeks later, I mentioned pork noodles again, and I got him fantasizing about Champ's Pork Noodles ( Chu Yoke Fun ), so much so, we ended up at Champs that night.

Surprisingly our friend arrived on time while Sayang and I made it there slightly later. It seems on weekends this place can be preety slow, either that or as I remembered it, it was the day Petrol prices went up to RM2.70.

For a pub, they surprisingly sells drinks like Teh Tarik , Kopi - Ping, Barley ice, etc... I ordered a Tiger for myself, while they ordered their Teh Tariks. Drinks were quite alright, and they have Guiness, and Kilkenny of the tap too...

Starter of the day was, half a dozen chicken wings. Marinated with spices, it is deep fried and served smoking hot. Usually when its smoking hot it tastes the best, especially when you rip the meat off the bones, and you see smoke gushing out, followed by its aroma, definitely a feast for your senses. Unless of course, the next table start blowing cigi smoke over la.. hahahaha...

Sayang ordered her prawn mee, which came in a big white bowl, its broth oozing out with aroma, before they put it on the table and all. It had two pieces of big prawn, lots of chicken and pork slices, and the soup was sweet and bursting with flavours. Spiciness was just nice for Sayang although I might "ka liu" with the additional sambal provided.

Adrian and I both went for the Pork Noodles that we have both heard so much about. In this bowl is a generous serving of bee hoon, lots of choi sum, lots of pork slices, pork liver, eh what do you call chu cheong in English ?, minced pork, and lots of lard...... The soup was so flavourful, and sweet man... this is what I call in Cantonese, lok chuk liao ( the right ingredients, in generous amounts ). The noodles costs about RM18 / bowl I think, and it was all worth every penny. The pork noodles were like freaking awesome....


There shouldn't be a need to call up and reserve, although on weekends, you have a lot of families coming in to dine, and they fill up the pub in no time.

Champ's Bistro

Address: Lot F10, 1st Floor, Centrepoint,
Lebuh Bandar Utama, Bandar Utama,
47800 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.

Telephone: 03-7722 5800

Also read:

Bernsy - Trying out their Ribs at Champs
Nic's Visit
KampungboyCityGal
Kiasu's Visit

9 Comments:

Shirlyn said...

chu cheong = pork intestines?

molly said...

aiyoh, all my favourite foods oh!

foongpc said...

OMG! Why is everybody blogging about food? I've just been to a few blogs and all they talk about is food, food and more food! Makes me soooo hungry! The pork noodles looks very delicious! : )

Bernsy said...

shirlyn - hehehe, yup its pork intestines indeed...

molly - u must love your porkylicious foods..

foongpc - nyehehehe.. its nice to blog about food what....

choi yen said...

wow, RM 18 for a bowl of pork noodle ar? Can feed 2 person ar? quite pricey lor :(

Christina Kim said...

Your pictures make them look really huge in proportion...but I am wondering, RM18 sounds really a bit overpriced for a bowl of noodles.
But, it also depends on your preference...if you like it, ya, dun care:)

HairyBerry said...

the prawn noodle is good! and the pork noodle is superb! really lok chuk liu lar! beats having la mian, at times!! hahaha!!!

i heard their hokkien mee also not bad leh..

Anonymous said...

gosh..the huge portion is not a problem for small eater like me..it was so good that i licked the bowl clean

Bernsy said...

mimi - I think can feed two of my Sayangs, not sure about me, but for RM18 you won't complain not enuff to eat lo....

Christy - ;) its really a huge bowl of noodles...RM18 for full satisfaction, although I can recommend to you the Jln Imbi Pork Noodles for RM 6 only...

Nic - Hokkien mee, I recommend u go online pub, their deep fried ribs, marmite ribs and hokkien mee, is out of this world wan... Ask lemongrass to bring you there...

Kampungboycitygal - I found it quite hard to finish my noodles.. hahaha... but I drank all the soup..