Tuesday, March 11, 2008

99 Steaks & Chops @ Tmn Tun

We were both driving around Tmn Tun one day and we drove past 99 Steaks & Chops. It had this banner hanging out in the front, with a really korny tag line, "Now everyone can eat !". To me thats like curi'ing Air Asia's tagline all.. wakakaka.. nevertheless, it did enough to get the both of us to walk in and try their food.

We ordered a soup, which surprisingly came with a piece of bread already dunked inside, and a swirl of cheese really gave it the extra body the soup needed. Quite brilliant (talking about the cheese) because it really gave a good oomph to the soup which otherwise could have just been another bowl of soup.

Sayang's inability to digest beef (not sure what you call it) always has her ordering her favourite lamb chops. I gotta say, this place does serve up some really nice lamb chops, and it came together with a scoop of coleslaw, mash potatoes, and some blanched vegetables (nice !!).

Since this place also offers free WIFI, you can see the notebook out on the table.


My usual quick beef fix is always satisfied by a simple burger. I didn't know what to expect really, so when the burger arrived, it really does look huge, for a Rm10(don't remember how much jo) something burger. They didn't ask me how I like my burger done, so it just came well done. The sesame seed bun that comes with the burger, is huge. Really makes the burger look a lot taller and a generous sized patty (larger than a quarter pound and somewhere less than a 1/2 pound ). Again for me the cheese really made the difference, and I enjoyed my burger that night.


So with this post, it ends, our journey into trying cheap Western Food joints like this. I really think this place serves some decent western food, at a very economical price. Just compare with my previous post on MamaChops ( haven't really got any good stuff to say about that place except for Cheap only).

Also try 6 to 10 Grill for some great pork chops, at an economical price, and also try their Nasi Lemak too. Cagayan at BU new wing, also should be categorised under economy western food, but, top two economy Western food should go to 6 to 10 and 99 Steaks & Chops.
Other reviews

Jules Eating Guide
Chefspiration
Small Kuching


99 Steak & Chops
12, Persiaran Zaaba
Taman Tun Dr Ismail
60000 Kuala Lumpur

Tel: 03-7726 5327

3 Comments:

wmw said...

Hmmm....didn't notice this place. Will try this place out, thanks for the info.

HairyBerry said...

that's quite a steal at RM10+ for a burger...free wifi somemore..was this post done there and then? hehehe...

Julian Si said...

Thanks for putting my link on your site, I agree 99 steak + chops is yummy!

You take great photos!

Juliansi.blogspot.com