Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Fong Lye Taiwan Restauran @ The Gardens, Mid Valley

There was a few times we walked past this Taiwanese restaurant at The Gardens, noticed it but went on to patronize another restaurant. Everytime you walk past this place, it is always packed. Surely it will make you wonder, Taiwanese food so nice meh... so Sayang and I walked in one day lo...


To be frank, I am not sure how much all the dishes cost us, but as a reference from Boo's review of this, she calls this place, Not Cheap, and she also mentioned that their good taste made up for the expensive prices.

I ordered this bowl of Fried Noodles with Prawns. To me I thought they put in some pretty good stuff. I mean, I am not very familiar with Taiwan cuisine, but it sure does taste a lot better than the Little Taiwan experience I had , at MidValley. It came out pretty ok, the prawns were fresh, and we did not have to wait too long for the food to come.


Sayang had her set meal. I think it is Taiwanese Pork Chop meal set or something like that. It came in some fancy square type of bowl and a semi circle porcelain plate for its sides. The pork chop was alright, but I don't Sayang really enjoyed eating those sides.


I think it is really a nice place to dine, its bright, service is attentive, and the food is not bad. I just thought it could be a bit pricey, but for comparisons sake, it taste much better than Little Taiwan (their taiwanese counterpart on the Megamall side.)

Also read:
Masak Masak
Wantan Productions
FoodPOI
My other review at cafes around Fong LYe:
Little Taiwan
Flying Chillies

6 Comments:

HairyBerry said...

i heard a lot about this place and most gave the same conclusion: pricey..hehe...

but nice prawn mee pic lar!

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

but i somehow buy the idea of putting minced meat in the rice..

choi yen said...

heard so much abt this place but still no chance to try

Bernsy said...

nic , the only one that wasn't blur... hehehe.

JOe,
u din mention I also din realize, they did put that minced meat on the rice... hehehe.... I am sure we could put together the set meal at the local chap fan stall somewhere in Connaught or tmn Midah...

mimi,
you actually are not missing a lot , but you should try it soon before you expect too much out of this restaurant...

Unknown said...

The branch at Sri Hartamas and HQ at Jln Imbi serves ala-carte in their menu.

Very different type of dishes (eg. Claypot Fishhead)

However, they are all equally pricey :)

Anonymous said...

I have yet to visit this place..alwiz pack to the brim