Friday, November 02, 2007

Dim Sum @ Seong Kee Kopitiam , Taman Connaught

Where is a good place to take breakfast when you don't normally eat anything in the morning ? I was thinking of Amy Yip's Big Boobs Paos, so I drove down to Taman Connaught to try and get my hands on those boobs Paos. When I arrived at Seong Kee (didn't know this place was called Seong Kee, till now) I just got reminded why I have not been to this place very often. To get there in the first place, you need to maneuver your car through hap hazard parking, and hope your car do not get scratched on the way. Secondly, you will need to park your car far far away and walk in the hot sun to get to this restaurant.

Alas, the si tao poh told me, Amy Yip's Paos Habis Dijual... so had to settle for something else, since I walked so far to get here , doesn't make sense to walk away right ?.

Its a weekday morning, and I can't help but notice how brisk business was. After they clear one table, another group of customers come in...

I ordered the HKCCF (pic top) and found it to be so so. Shrimps were quite small. Their chili was not bad though, but they charge you cheap cheap for it, no complains. Good value for money.

Then of course, you will have these aunties walking around carrying dim sums, on a 3 ft wide trays. They must be quite strong, but pity them, their trays were so heavy... so I took Har Kau and one tray of Siew Mai from them. I found their Siew Mai to be quite tasty... and their Har Kau to be above average.


All in all, I must say they do make pretty good Teh-C. Very nice. Overall I paid less than 10 bucks for my breakfast, and for dim sum pricing , I think its quite cheap. 2 trays of dim sum, one plate of HK CCF , and a glass of Teh C, I think about 9 bucks. Where to find ?




Other Reviews:

Joe's Cravings - can get address from there.

Peggy Chow

8 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok! is breakfast now i know wat to eat liao :D

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

wow..very nice fotos..hint of dslr here..isit?

Bernsy said...

heh, this one was taken with a Pentax Optio S, really small camera (spy size) that only has a 3.1MP sensor. Takes very good photos in good light, if not mistaken the ISO range is from 60 - 200 only for this camera.

Lighting was good here at Seong kee, you sit outside and have your dim sum . Sharpness (something gotta do with the optics ) not there yet comparing with a Dslr

The one Noodle pics were taken using an Olympus E300 ( still under those conditions, I notice it can be very noisy - ISO800,)

The Harry's Cafe De wheels Pic, taken using Olympus Mju600

The Tanjong Photo ( Olympus E300)

Anonymous said...

Never like the dim sums in Connaught, although my house is just a stone's throw away.

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

haha dslr takes some time to get used to..but hey great pics u got from ur pentax!

the noodle seemed abit out colour wise..white balance?

Bernsy said...

yup, the WB is quite difficult to get right because of the yellow lighting in the restaurant. I must have taken about 10 pics to get the WB to that effect (even so, its not really there) but I would take that as a pretty good colour oredi...

Kena poison by D80... , all pics taken on D80 were AutoWB, no need play with it... geng !!

TTB said...

At first, before reading the text, I thought you're gonna say these dim sum were superb - bcuz that's how they look in the pix - delicious! I've been to the one the same street, but the new, and very nice looking place, can't remember what's the name of the place, is it Zong Wah Lau or something? NOT NICE... and bit costly, not value for money.

Bernsy said...

baker - the dim sum is not superb, but ok la.... not complaining about it...