Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Curry Leaf Restaurant, Seremban

There is one part about preparing to leave which can be detrimental to my weight problems. Relatives are all so eager to say, come over and visit us la, we''ll do lunch or we'll do dinner. It's obviously a good gesture if you know what I mean, they just wanna sit down and have something to eat with you, chit chat, and catch up that sort of thing.

Come to think of it, no other activity would have been acceptable for the entire family. I was thinking perhaps the whole family could gather up at Cosmic Bowl and say, lets do a farewell Bowling ( its cool but not everyone bowls )...

Anyway this one is with our Seremban relatives. Father in Law's side to be precise. But the trip down there is not to be wasted as our cousin brought us to try our Curry Leaf Restaurant, Jalan Rasah, Seremban.


My cousin was vegetarian that day, and Sayang and Mom-In Law also opted for the more healthy meal, while FIL said, lets get some chicken ( aiya so nice of him, coz he doesn't want me to go vegetarian because everyone else is... so he ordered a chicken for me). Anyway, the first tray came and I saw deep fried bitter gourd, yummy !!!!, not salty and not bitter wan... just the way I liked it...

Some kinda mixed vegetable, which I did not really fancy.



This is the chicken peratal dish that I shared with Appa. Really a nice dish, I totally didn't regret sinking my teeth into this succulent and spicy chicken peratal dish. Again, I like it because the spices were totally infused into the chicken, every bite into it flushes out all the flavours the chicken has absorbed.

Mother in Law's garlic naan. She opted for bread instead of rice.


If you were going for just the basic Vegetarian Banana Leaf set, this is what you get. I mean the waiter came in once started putting vegetables onto the leaf ( 3 at first). He continues with everyone else, then he walks out for awhile. Then he came in and started putting more veges onto my leaf. Whoa.... 6 varieties, very rare to find this even in KL, then he walks out and came back with the rice.

The curries were all hot, and you are given a choice of vegetarian Dal, fish curry or chicken curry. Taste wise, this place is definitely above average. The curries were tasty, what to ask for some more ?

The bill didn't burn a hole in our pockets either. So I am definitely recommending anyone going past Seremban to try this place...


Curry Leaf Restaurant
NO 1274 & 1275, JALAN RASAH,
SEREMBAN
70300 Negeri Sembilan Malaysia

Also read:

Love is deepest Joy

15 Comments:

Shirlyn said...

yummy...love banana leaf rice :D
I'm from seremban but I donno this restaurant :p will try next time when go back.

sean tan said...

my favourite! so hungry after seeing your pictures. oh yeah, my faouvrite spot definitely would be nirvana maju in bangsar or the one in oldtown.

again, great pix!

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

m i missing something? where u off to?

Bernsy said...

Bro,

Taking a break from blogging for awhile. Now in Melbourne, starting a new life and all.

Busy eating, too much to eat and not enough time to sit around and edit the photos, lol !!!

Will be back... soon, I promise..

wmw said...

Ahhh..such life! Busy eating indeed...hahaha!

Babe_KL said...

May the year of Ox bring you all the happiness, good fortune, health and prosperity you wish for.

Vivien said...

hey please update more frequently

Agnes Cheong said...

Linked u to my blog. Do visit mine when u r free oo~~

andrew said...

wooooooooottt!! banana leaf rice!!!!! best!! i always makan with my hand for banana leaf!! hehehe =D

KA said...

fuyoo.....do you always bring your slr out for food outings??

Raymond said...

Hungry!! Nice pics ;)

Bernsy said...

tq will start updating more soon,

Anonymous said...

Nice post you got here. I'd like to read something more about this topic. Thnx for posting this material.

Global Products & Services Review said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Global Products & Services Review said...

This is by far... the best investment to invest, read about it :

http://tinyurl.com/UinvestWorld

Real company, Read Businesses and worth it.