Monday, September 10, 2007

Ikan Bakar @ Gerai Seri Menanti , Jalan Bellamy


A lot of people must have been to this place. Because everytime I come here, the stalls are always jam packed. Although its only my second time here, I really wondered, whats so nice about this place?



The stall is always crowded during lunch time, all three of them, there is no adequate parking, I mean this place is just not cut out for the kind of crowd that Seri Menanti is pulling in.

is just amazing, to watch the amount fish getting grilled at one time over here. It's gotta be a stall that sells the most amount of grill fish in a day. You see the amount of people queuing up for the fish, your expectations floated.

I don't see what makes this place so popular, the price is a little steep for a hot , smoky shack kinda restaurant, the fish tastes so - so, and yet you see so many people trying their food... [scratch head].

As for the food, I find it just average. The fish they serve are not of any special kind, nor is it of good quality. What do they serve there ? Ikan terubuk, ikan pari, telapia, tenggiri, Cat Fish, ... I mean some of this fish has muddy taste to it, and my colleague complained his cat fish actually got bau hanyir... ish !! This is where their sambal comes in. You have to eat them with the sambal, it does a very good job masking the real taste of the fish. Price over here also abit on the steep side for this type of food & environment.

Okay, here's something good to say about them. I didn't have to wait too long to get my food, as most of the stuff there is self service.

For those who hasn't been, you gotta go and see for yourself , at least once la. So you know what I am talking about. I still can't get over the amount of fish they can sell in one day... this one I give one big Fuiyoh !! to the stall la...

Other Reviews:

Babe in The City
NochickenWing

Klue Blog's Lunch Pick
Rasa-Rasa Malaysia

For directions do click on the other reviews.

4 Comments:

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

wah a dream land for the cats!..

Anonymous said...

hahaha, you're right. I bet there are lots of cats waiting to clean up.

Anonymous said...

They used to be good but I think their standard has dropped a little. Plus you come back smelling of the grilled fish!

Bernsy said...

Actually not their standard drop. Its actually hard to find good fish in KL nowadays.

I was comparing them with stalls like Kampung Melaka (malay stall on the way to Gua Musang), and Sin Hoi Kee , in Lipis... their fish tastes so good ....no fight .. Their fish farms still uses clean running river water.. sure beat them flat la..