Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Harry's Cafe De Wheels @ Haymarket, Sydney

NOTE: I just noticed the error on my TITLE. Its Harry's Cafe De Wheels @ Woolooomanyakbooloo, Sydney.... for the correct address just refer to the address at the end of the post.

When we were in Sydney, my cousin who brought us around, jalan jalan cari makan, always used the word ICON. Luckily for us, its not called IKON or something like that, but when he used the word ICON, he meant business. One of these Icons was Harry's Cafe De Wheels.


What is the big fuss about this place. To me it looked like an oversized push cart hotdog stand. Secondly, that stall must have been there a long long time. My cousin surprised me, because we were pumping gas, and he pointed out opposite the Shell Station, "we are going to get some hotdogs over there ..."

This pic is OOF, but never mind, it. Its their trademark , Hot Dog De Wheels. The size of this hot dog is definitely bigger than the ones we get over here. Now you know the true meaning of Gwai Lou hot dog la... its size, if not mistaken, is about 1.5 inches, and 8 inches long... definitely can fill up anyone's tummy... It costs only 5 bucks.. cheapest food i put in my mouth since I arrived in Australia. Most people like their hotdog drenched with Mustard, and Mayonnaise. I like mine to be plain n simple. Never liked the taste of Mustard. The Americans used to tell me every time I am at a hot dog stand, "you don't know what you are missing...." but the thing is, I know what I am missing... my freaking Chili Sauce...

I am not sure what this is called, but its a PIE. Its diameter is about 5 inches and about 3 inches tall. The green stuff you on top is the green pea mash, seats on another thick layer of mash potatoes, with em gravy, The pie which is about 1.5 inches tall, boasts a generous amount of tasty and aromatic beef stew..... The minute they serve them pies on the booth, you are sure to begin salivating... confirm wan, otherwise I give you , your money back.... Anyway this pie costs 4.95. A stall in Darling harbor will serve them up for about 12.95... thats more than double..


This place was so good, we actually came back a second time. We ordered the PIE again, yes it was that nice. But we opted to try out their Chili Dog. Its the same big hot dog, the only difference is that they pour some Chili onto it (some kinda bean sauce, mixed with Mash Potato sauce with some mince meat in it)..... Again, I know how the Americans eat their chili dogs, again drenched in Mustard, and Ketchup... but since we don like mustard.. we took it neat...

This place is a MUST go , and MUST eat place whenever you are in Sydney. Its cheap, the serving is bigger than normal, and its tasty...... Pang Leng Chiang...

Harry's Cafe de Wheels – Woolloomooloo
Cowper Wharf Road, Woolloomooloo, Sydney
Tel: +61 (02) 9357 3074
If you need directions, check out this map

8 Comments:

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Looks yummy and I'll take your word for it (or money back, rite? :-P). Will check it out when I go to Sydney in January.

Bernsy said...

yeah ! Really good stuff although I can't really find something close to what Harry's can offer here in KL.

1901 don't even come close...

PIES... hmmm... haven't heard or seen anyone trying to make a similar type of pie....

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Yup, the pie certainly looks very unique. The mushy peas looks so yummy!!

Bernsy said...

actually, a lot of small little baker shops , cafes and delis do serve up PIES similar to this one. Ish i am hungry liao talking about Harry's Pies....

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

pie floaters!..hmm i might go get it nxt wk then..yumm

Babe_KL said...

wahhhh i missed this pie!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You re, I guess , probably curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no initial capital needed You may begin to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The company incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with offices everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your choice That`s what you desire!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a correct companion who uses your funds in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://pebaxiqo.freehostyou.com/omisuqep.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You re, I guess , probably very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no initial capital needed You may start to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your choice That`s what you wish in the long run!

I feel good, I started to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a proper partner who uses your savings in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://oxugyqucum.freewaywebhost.com/elonoga.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to feel the smell of real money