Friday, March 14, 2008

The Apartment @ The Curve

When you have a friend coming home to visit from another country, you just want to share with the new places to eat, and at the same time catch up with him, and also try out a new place, at a chic, and trendy place. Thats why we suggested, let's try The Apartment at the Curve.

We always walk past this place, and before they opened for business, I thought, IKEA decided to open a mini showroom over on this side of the Curve.


The start off we had our starter. Some kinda mushroom with herbs and garlic pieces on it. Forgot how much this costs us, but at the end of the review, I will reveal the total bill. You can see that the mushroom is blanched first, then put in a pan , fried and tossed with olive oil, together with their blended herbs. Maybe the MAT salleh will like it, but I didn't. Sayang condemned the food, so I actually had to finish it up all by myself..... expensive la the starter, don't waste...

After we started, it never stopped. When my main arrived, I ordered a Cheese Baked Fish (forgot which kind also). It came with some baked potatoes, and that herb (which I found too pungent for my liking)..... The fish was ok though, simply baked, and drenched with cheese.... but still, for presentation wise, looks very normal, and they didn't put much thought into dressing the dish, plus the taste was just very normal......


Sayang ordered her Lamb Curry, served with bread. Those powdery stuff on the bread is actually sugar. I looked at the dish, and then I turned my attention to Sayang, I saw a face of disgust..... Do you know how the lamb curry tasted like ????

It tasted like a can of YEO's Canned Mutton Curry...... alamak. Rm20 or more leh that dish.

Our friend ordered this Pasta dish, and as I read from Meiyen's blog, this came from the Pride of Apartment. I took a bite, and thought it shouldn't be the pride of anything at all, because it tasted like a Fried Pasta very bland tasting fried pasta....

Sayang and myself have vowed never to eat in the Apartment ever again...

The bill came up to Rm99 something , totally not worth a single sen man !!!!



Masak-Masak
Life's Gr8
MeiYen
SimpleAsC

5 Comments:

SC said...

I still can't understand why some people think the food here is good..I mean, it's canned
(simple?) food, priced gourmet.

Or maybe it's just me..I don't believe that if it's expensive, it's gotta be good? Bollocks lah.The lamb curry was horrible, the pasta was so-so and your fish was like some Kim Gary wannabe dish..it sucks! So there..we're never going back there.

HairyBerry said...

hehe...nice deco hor? yupe, totally agree about the food there...very bland/uninteresting food despite the rather extensive menu...

i'll stick to my fave hokkien mee instead...haha!

Bernsy said...

I thought I was the only fler not happy with the food there, but luckilly quite a few people agrees with me in blogosphere.

Everytime I see someone eating in there, I'd say to myself, they just lost a few more customers... still can't believe they are from the same management of Itallianies...

wmw said...

I will write the same thing I wrote in Ravenous Rabbit's blog just now ...If I'm ever at The Apartment, it is to chill. I would eat out! ;o)

Anonymous said...

I already gave The Apartment the Most Pretentious Restaurant award among all the eateries at The Curve. Sorry you had to go through the bad experience.