Tuesday, March 25, 2008

JCO Donut, Tapau from The Pavillion

One fine day, after a tiresome day at work, I got home and to my delight, I saw three boxes of JCO on the dining table. After having heard so much about JCO being the original Indonesian Donut Chain. Big Apple being the copykat.

Mom and dad, said the line was very long but they were determined to bring some donuts back home....


If you can only see the resemblance in how they make it, the colors they provide, and the flavours. The only difference I can make out is the pastry, or the donut itself. I find Big Apple's pastry a little big more fluffier / and softer as compared to J CO's Donuts.


So after you leave these donuts overnight, I think the J Co has better staying power than the Big Apple donuts. J CO's donuts has better staying power, and tastes close to its original form, after being reheated in the microwave.

Big Apple's just become too soft.... So if you're going to eat your donuts fresh and warm, Big Apple definitely nicer. But if you want to tapau and leave those donuts overnight, the JCO ones are definitely better.

Whatever said and done, Big Apple is now easier to get than J Co's. Big Apple has opened at The Gardens, Tesco Cheras, and soon, in Desa Park City too....

J. Co Donuts & Coffee
Lot 1.05.00
First Floor
The Pavilion
Kuala Lumpur

Also read:

teckiee
Narrowband
KYate @ J CO also
Masak-masak

8 Comments:

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

totally agree..although i still think J&Co better wor..but then again i stopped eating donuts altogether..too sinful..

HairyBerry said...

i am still a jco virgin and plan to keep it that way until the queue is shorter...but my frens joked about engraving "die unused" on my tomb..hahaha!

Bernsy said...

joe,
what happened la, you must sacrifice your body for the good of food blogging ma...wakakakaka....

nic,
i would have been a virgin too, if not for my parents... Surprisingly thought, being Jco Devirginized, I am still a Pavillion Virgin.. muahahaha, haven't found the willpower and courage to brave the jam to walk into pavillion yet...

KY said...

*slurps!*

bongkersz said...

i am still a pavilion virgin too. rotflmao! haven't tasted jco yet. big apple yes.. too soft for my liking.. yes :D

choi yen said...

Big Apple in Desa Park City too? Good to hear that, btw I'm JCo & Big Apple virgin!!!! ho ho ho....

Tekkaus said...

JCo & Big Apple? Is it better than dunkin? =)

Bernsy said...

ky - slurrpss leh..hehehe

bongkerz, mimi - welcome to the virgin club...

chris - I judge from watching the line , how many