Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Kam's Kitchen @ Cheras Revisited



Kam's kitchen has since taken over as our neighbourhood favourite Tai Chow Restaurant for our family. The last time I reviewed this particular restaurant , they had just moved to their new premise here (that was in August 2007). Today they consistently fill up their restaurants, and I was about to find out why....

It was just another family dinner, except that my brother felt like he wanted to drink abit. The captain, recommended us FRESH todi, just made early in the morning, so since we haven't been driving to Pandamaran or anywhere near Klang for our Todi fixes, ok la why not, we try one bottle, contained in a 1.5l Seamaster water bottle, I looked at it and thought, it was barley... hehehehe.... My first time drinking todi, and found it quite enjoyable, and I believe we add stout to it so that it gives the extra kick, and also to make it less cooling.... Todi , RM10 only, Guiness, standard coffee shop rates.

We ordered a fish, steamed with just light soy sauce and some garlic oil on it. RM12 only, as it states on the receipt. The fish that they serve you are usually fresh here, I have not had any bad complains with their fish ever. They now have an aquarium where they keep their fish alive until it is cooked.

My mom's favourite, Claypot Pumpkin chicken. The pumpkin is actually the main ingredient, as it is mushy, sweetish, with the mix of some Oyster sauce, the smaller chunks mixes with the chicken making it sweet. The bigger ones are cooked longer to make it soft and easy to bite in. Very appetising this dish.... Thats a huge serving for RM20.


For me , this Indonesian Style Prawns is the star tonight. Really very appetising, as it incorporates, really fresh king prawns, extra large in size, with "indonesian styled" curry. Not sure how to explain it, but its really nice. RM50.

Nai Yau Pork Ribs, with sesame. This is a dry dish, as the deep fried pork ribs, is glazed with the Nai Yau gravy. Another very appetising dish, from Kam's. RM15 only.

I actually have no idea what this vegetable is... RM15 only.

The entire bill came up to RM160. Very economical, considering we were having todi and lots of stout that night. Kam's Kitchen is slowly becoming a very famous restaurant for serving really good and economical food in the Cheras area.


Address:
Restoran Kam's Kitchen
No 6 Jalan 18, Kampung Cheras Baru
Tel: 012 290 5623, 017 677 3997
( better bring the phone number in case you need directions)

9 Comments:

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

are you sure the fish is rm12?

Bernsy said...

i checked the bill... maybe its cooking charges... hahha.. we brought our own fish there kot.... hahaha, the bill said, FISH RM12... waakkakaka....

JOjo said...

haha.if the whole fish for RM12,it's super cheap la.Haha.
Todi is nice.Tried it once in setiawan.Very sweet~

Anonymous said...

Hi Bernsy,



My name is Shannon and I'm the editorial assistant at Foodbuzz.com. Following up on a recent email invitation to be a part of our newly launched Foodbuzz Featured Publisher program, I just want to reiterate that I am very impressed with the quality of your posts. I would love to send you more details about the program, so if you are interested, please email me at Shannon@foodbuzz.com.

Cheers!

Shannon Eliot
Editorial Assistant, Foodbuzz.com
shannon@foodbuzz.com

HairyBerry said...

pumpkin and chicken..wah, very interesting...usually it's just pumpkin and anchovies for me...

question: is samsu and todi the same thing ar?? been wondering for quite some time now...

Bernsy said...

samsu is more like home brewed whiskey or brandy, really heavy stuff.... todi is just wine... low alcohol content...

Anonymous said...

Become aware of many useful products lemons can give; http://everythinglemon.com

catherine11 said...

We always want to cook the best and the healthiest recipe that we can find from the internet. As a mother, I always want that and in able to keep up with those needs, I need to be focused and be creative. I always have Gourmandia on my side to give me the appropriate recipes for the day and for me not to reiterate the recipe that I did the other day! It’s just so innovative!

Blogger said...

Want To Boost Your ClickBank Banner Commissions And Traffic?

Bannerizer makes it easy for you to promote ClickBank products with banners, simply visit Bannerizer, and grab the banner codes for your chosen ClickBank products or use the Universal ClickBank Banner Rotator to promote all of the ClickBank products.