Monday, July 07, 2008

Tony Roma's @ The Gardens, MidValley

After being absent for so long (this will explain why), I am finally back. After a much needed one week break at Langkawi ( my virgin trip ), came back, recharged, and ready to work. This is actually the prompt revisit of Tony Roma after the Pavillion experience. We went back in a jiffy, as Sayang wasn't quite happy with her previous salad bowl, tuna one, too fishy and too our for her.


This time round, she went for a Salad with Grilled Chicken. The usual salad leaves were given in abundance, a beautiful and delicious piece of chicken grilled, and sprinkled with Parmesan cheese, thats what I call a perfect salad. But of course, if they could do it, I'd prefer it with a few pieces of bacon too, but since its in Malaysia, you can only wish la... The serving was huge and just as Sayang would say, its a Salad meal, not a starter, lol...

I wanted to try something different but did not want to over stuff myself, so I asked for a Blue Cheese Burger. It came with onions, pickles, insufficient lettuce leaves, two strips of beef bacon , and a huge beef patty wrapped in blue cheese ( kinda reminding me of Ramli Burger's Spesial burger, only difference is that the wrap is blue cheese, not egg).

One big warning though, this burger is really not for everyone. The cheese is so pungent, from smelling it, the smells hits your nose even more once you put them in your mouth. I gotta say, I am not a real blue cheese guy, but its nice to eat it once in a while to remind me how durian smells like to the gwai lous... wakakaka....

I believe we will be coming back to TR's soon for more salads, because I believe its worth it. Should you go in after lunch and before dinner, Tony Roma now has a 50cents promo for coffee and hot chocolate drinks.

The salad's about RM20 and the burger is also about RM20. The bill came below RM50 for both of us, and I think its good value for really good food, although I might sound like I am patronizing them, it really was a good meal.

Also read:

A Tale of Two Superheroes
Lustfor Life

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

their onion leaf ring is nice! and i love their cod fish the most. ahhh i miss TR now.

Silencers said...

I only go to TR for their ribs. Best ribs in the country.

choi yen said...

I love those salad since I've tried Cafe 1920 version...

Anonymous said...

1.Congratulations, guys. :-)

2. I love blue cheese....yummy! Haven't tried blue cheese burger here tho. Next time I'm persuaded to enter this restaurant, I'll try this one.

Anonymous said...

xin - yummys love those onions too...

silencers - babyback ribs are still ze best...

mimi - also try italianiies version, quite filling too

lyrical - hey thanks, just glad everything is done, it was a lot of work, effort, and time from a lot of people just for one day...

- i love blue cheese too, i just dont like the lingering smells after eating it...