Thursday, August 16, 2007

Flat Grill ( Teppan) Char Koay Teow @ Uptown

Nowadays, after we finsih combat at Uptown, we will surely try to find some food within the area of Uptown 5. Hence, the increased frequency of eateries we frequent around DU / UPtown area.

Yes I was on one of those Char Koay Teo rampage, where I went try different CKT at different places. We ordered Fried carrotcake and CKT from this place.

While filming the video (che WA !!) the auntie came and talk to me. Telling me how long they been frying their koay teos. Since before there was UPtown , they had a stall by the roadside, until today, they already have two grown up sons. Now helping out in the stall also la.

I am sure you can't help but notice, my voice, I was giving that "oh ya ka " demeanour to the auntie.. wakakaka... In my mind, wait and see la, let your CKT do the talking....

One of the reasons why I tried this stall is because, they use a flat grill to cook their CKT, secondly, there are easilly 10-15 stalls out of 50 in UPTOWN that sells Char Koay Teo, so which one is good, which one is not... aLamak... got dilema ni !! Once I saw Flat Grill, try lo...






The auntie kept telling me, their CKT damn nice la , this la that la... So finally the Char Koay Teo arrived. FYI, this CKT has got no pork, or lard,. I only found that out after the first bite.. then only I noticed, in UPtown... Mamak and Malay stalls open side by side with the chinese stalls, so have to serve no PORK lo.

To be frank, I wouldn't go back to her stall again, although the next time, if I eat there again, must ask them to cook extra Spicy la.. the taste was a bit flat, no real hot wok taste, and I am sure its just not the lard that is missing...



Their stall really serve nothing special in particular. Everyone is selling ikan bakar, sotong kangkung, Fried Rice, etc...


.

0 Comments: