Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Restoran Oversea (Cheras) @ PGRM

I am not sure where I read it, but someone did complain that August is the month of many birthdays, so much so, I would love to apply to change mine from August to maybe perhaps, July or September. Even out abit ma, so that, your friends and families no need come out so much in August to buy gifts, food, etc.

Surprisingly for us when we arrived at 730, we found the place, virtually empty. Hmm.... but we were soon ushered into our room, alamak, got Karaoke wan. Later we noticed that our room actually has an extra thick door , I belief for sound proofing (plus point so that our singing don't disturb other patrons while they eat).

Mom + Dad sang a few songs, before the food arrived ( didn't have to wait too long).


Sliced Suckling Pig with Fruit Salad, this dish came with a single serving plate (actually the entire dinner was going to be like that), carefully decorated, and placed on a nice white plate. It looked so good, I almost didn't eat it ... but of course I emptied it in no time.. hahaha....


This one, I also dunno what its called. It tasted abit like fried lobak, with egg, dried shrimps, salted egg yolk and caviar. To be eaten, using the cabbage , in background to wrap. It was so , so only....


Double Boiled Meat Ball with Dried Scallops and Cordyceps, this soup is one of the best soups I have had in a Chinese Restaurant. They serve the soup, without adding starch to it, unlike the ones they serve with Sharks Fin. I totally hate those starched soups. I think it's made of simple ingredients, but the chef actually took a long time to prepare this soup... lovely...

Fish Steak Chinese Style, whoa when I saw that on the menu, I was curious to know if we were gonna be served with a 200g COD Fillet.... hahaha... guess not. They just put in a piece of COD fish, I think it weighed about 50g. The stroke of orange was thousand island dressing, I think put there more for decorative purposes, as it didn't really help with the taste. It was a good fish dish.


Vegetable, beancurd and sea cucumber dish. This dish actually came in a pot on a stove. They made it as if they were cooking it, and then served on a dish , and put on our table when it was ready to be served. Again , very nice presentation and this dish definitely tasted as good as it looked.

Minced Garlic Fried Prawns, hmm, I remembered this dish very well. Sayang's favorite dish of the night. I found it to be okay, but it was actually a huge prawn rolled up into a ball like that. They later then sprinkle finely diced fried garlic on the prawn and a little salad dressing by the side for decoration.

Spaghetti with Tomato Sauce, okay, this one really tasted like Spaghetti with Tomato Sauce. Yucks, I took two bites and left the rest there.


Dessert was Yam Jelly. This was supposedly something made by the chef last minute, to replace something else on the menu we ordered.
The food we ordered that night was not only eye candy, it was also pleasing to our taste buds. Well all of them except for the Spaghetti. It was a half hearted effort at making Spaghetti, of which I am sure I could cook better spaghetti than that fler.

In spite of some dishes done badly, the other dishes made this one of the best experiences in a chinese restaurant for me. Environment is great, especially when you get a private room. You don't get to hear all those noise of other people chatting (which can be very loud in a chinese restaurant). The assigned one waiter to serve us full time,while the manager popped in once in a while to check if everything is alright. Good food, good service and good environment...

Name :
Restoran Oversea (Cheras) Sdn. Bhd.
Address :
Lot 3-01, Level 3, Menara PGRM,
Jalan Pudu Ulu, Off Jalan Cheras,
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Person In-charge :
Teng / Meng
Tel :
603-9281 2718
Fax :
603-9287 8698
Email :
customer@oversea.com.my


Other Reviews:

Memoirs of a Chocoholic
Masak Masak Also went

0 Comments: