Friday, June 20, 2008

J CO Donuts @ The Pavillion, finally....


On the same day we went to Tony Roma's, one of the first shops we walked past was J CO. We got seated at Tony Roma's, then I told Sayang, eh, why don't i go line up and try tapau some JCO back.....

The line was long, I had to wait 15 minutes before the guy came over and help me with my order. I took me another 10 minutes to line up to pay. Overall, we had to wait a total 20 odd minutes.

I remember reading a comparison review from either Malaysian Today, or Yellow Post, of the three main donut players in Malaysia, JCO, Big Apple and Dunkin.

So after finally having gone through the Q, after tapauing for myself, I think J CO really does make the better donuts, as compared with Big Apple. ( I think Dunkin Donutz simply aint in the same league as these two now).

I find their pastry fluffier and lasts longer at the same time, while their chocolate tastes more kao than Big Apples'. I feel that Big Apple after opening up so many branches are facing some consistency issues here. Some branches actually make better donuts than others...

:D So finally did the Q up thingy and worth every minute of the wait...

Also read:

Prev JCO eatz
Big Apple Review





11 Comments:

Bernsy said...

chao kiap, i look at the donut I also get hungry liao, it looks life size on my monitor.. wakakaka

HairyBerry said...

wah, even one of my major references say it's good. perhaps it's time to queue up d...

ego vs taste, ego vs taste...arggghhh! i'm torn! haha!

Anonymous said...

yea.. it's good.. but you'll find it's yucky when you eat too much or smell it too much.. i dont know about others.. but i do.. cause previously im working upper floor from jco.. always smell of it.. makes me feel yucky every time i smell that now.. but still can eat.. just not much.. =D

Bernsy said...

nic - unless we can find better donuts right, I will say this JCO makes some of the better donuts at that price range.

HF - this one is called the jelak syndrome, heh..... try working in Baskin Robbins and see you jelak eating ice cream or not... wakakakaa

acura said...

The almond 1 is always the best. Big Apple is not as good

choi yen said...

I wonder when will be my virgin try on this JCo ler? =.="

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

20 mins too long la..after waiting twice..giv up long long ago..

Anonymous said...

acura - ya lo, somehow its something about how they do their donuts that make them a little bit better. Maybe thats just kung fu, Big Apple donno how to copy yet.

Mimi - ;) leave kepong early at about 1130am , u reach there in less than 20 mins.. very fast on sunday

Joe - go early, no nid to Q up.. wakakaka....

LynnX said...

If you come across Krispy Kreme, go for it!

boo_licious said...

KK coming to town soon though....so u better be prepared to queue.

Raymond said...

uugghhhh the queue, the queue...looking at the queues already can make me full hahah....